Introducing our newest heavy-duty flywheel rotor for Kawasaki 400 & 500 cc Motorcycles.
Anyone who rides or repairs a Kawasaki 400 or 500cc Motorcycle is probably familiar with the flywheel problems common to these models. Most of these bikes will have at least one flywheel failure in their lifetime. Low-quality epoxy was used on OEM flywheels to secure the magnets to the rotor body. Over time and many heat cycles, the epoxy fails allowing the magnets to come loose and contact the stator, potentially causing catastrophic damage.
For years, service shops & dealerships have offered low-cost repairs for Kawasaki flywheels. This sounds like a great idea at first, but there are some serious issues!
The common repair is using Marine Blue Epoxy to reattach the loose original magnets or to install new ones. Epoxy fixes do repair flywheels in short term if they are done correctly. However, this kind of repair can easily cause immediate problems and impact long term reliability of your ATV.
A Heavy Duty Flywheel to the rescue!
New RMSTATOR&trade heavy-duty flywheel rotor for Kawasaki Motorcycles is a well-priced solution to problems with the OEM flywheel, and an excellent alternative to all the mechanical troubles you can encounter with a repair.
- Built to OEM size - Fits precisely in your ride: install it and forget it.
- Improved epoxy - Uses high-temperature epoxy that is stronger than OEM, eliminating the possibility of magnet detachment.
- High-grade steel capping - Prevents harsh additives in motor oil from degrading the epoxy attaching the magnets. Though extremely unlikely, if a magnet did ever come loose, it would remain in the sleeve preventing contact with the stator.
- Precise balancing - Eliminates crankshaft vibrations for longer engine longevity.
- Shop with confidence - All products are tested.
Don't waste time with temporary solutions, and start fixing your ride like a pro!
Why cheap repairs won't work?
Quick stronger epoxy fixes do repair flywheels in short term. It might however impair long term performance and reliability of your ride.
- Remaining OEM magnets: Original magnets remaining can still come loose at any time.
- Magnet alignment: The alignment of magnets around the flywheel is critical for proper stator operation. Even very fine misalignment will reduce stator efficiency significantly.
- Magnet spacing: Excessive epoxy or incorrect magnet spacing around the flywheel can easily affect the flywheel balance. This can cause stator contact or even crankshaft damage.
- Incorrect replacement magnets: The magnetic field strength of new magnets MUST match the originals. Stator failure can occur quickly with stronger magnets and stator output can be decreased significantly using weaker magnets.
- Wrong epoxy properties: Epoxy that is not rated to permanently handle high temperatures and oil immersion can quickly cause a serious failure.
- Oil contamination: Wrong epoxy for the application can also contaminate the crankcase oil, damaging the motor.
All these reasons make us strongly recommend that you replace your broken flywheel with our new heavy-duty flywheel.
- Exterior Diameter: 129 mm
- Interior Diameter: 106 mm
- Interior Diameter Center Housing: 16 mm
- Exterior Diameter Center Housing: 25 mm
- Thickness (exterior): 42 mm
- Thickness (interior): 33 mm
Note: Before attempting to start your Kawasaki adjusting the air gap is necessary. Rotate the flywheel so the raised node is lined up with the pick up/pulser coil and adjust as close as possible but no less than 0.010".
- All electrical components must be fitted by a qualified technician.
- Before fitting electrical components ensure the root cause of the original failure has been addressed.
- The absence of either of points 1 or 2 above, will void any warranty.